Happy February everyone!
This one is for all you mamas, or soon-to-be mamas...(Congrats!) It's crazy to think that our little E boy will be 12 weeks next week...where in the WORLD did the time go already?! In the last couple months, I think it's pretty safe to say that I've learned an invaluable number of new skills, knowledge, patience, and everything else that comes with being a new mama. Honestly, I gotta say, Caleb and I were super "prepared" baby product-wise before Emmett was born, with all the hottest, most convenient baby gadgets ahead of time, and yet we've mostly learned...babies really just want their mamas and daddies. They don't want to lounge in a bouncer or swing, or sit and listen to music and beach waves on their Sound Spa machines, and they sure as heck won't sleep in any of the fancy bassinets or cribs they make these days...can I get an amen moms?
But I will say, the baby industry is truly incredible and the products these companies make for our convenience as parents is unparalleled these days. In the last couple of months, I've familiarized myself with what seems like every major baby brand on the market right now, and I've compiled a list of my top 10 favorite baby products that we can't seem to live without at the moment. (If you click any of the photos, it'll take you directly to the website where you can purchase these products!)
1. Nuna - This Dutch-made brand of baby gear is definitely on the higher end of baby gear...and for good reason. These products are sleek, super user-friendly, and of the highest quality in every way, especially safety. We have the Nuna Pipa carseat and base, as well as the IVVI stroller and we LOVE IT. It rides so smoothly (just LOOK at the tires on that thing...it's basically an all-terrain vehicle for pete's sake!), and it folds very quickly and easily for storage. The car seat also attaches to the stroller base, adding yet another level of convenience, in addition to a separate stroller seat attachment with the click of the button - both easily interchangeable. The car seat and base system have a super quick and easy install, and I feel confident about little E's safety in my car...and that's what's most important to me.
2. 4moms 'MamaRoo' - So this is like the cadillac of infant seats, and uses ground breaking technology for our brand new babes' comfort. It moves in motions similar to that of a mama or daddy's natural moment. It has 5 settings that move different ways and at different speeds, as well as an audio jack that attaches to your phone to play music through speakers in the base of the seat. It also has built in sounds like ocean waves and the sound of a heartbeat to soothe your tiny one. E actually would ONLY sleep in the MamaRoo for the first 3 weeks of his life, which was a literal lifesaver at that time. We highly recommend it!!
3. Blooming Bath - This is one of the most unique baby products I've come across, I'm pretty sure. I've seen endless little plastic infant tubs that are designed for either the regular bath tub, or kitchen sink and a few of them are great (the 4moms one, which we also have by the way!) but this particular sink insert is one-of-a-kind. It's basically a plush, fluffy flower that sits in your kitchen sink and provides a soft, perfect bath seat for baby that is comfortable and warm for them. It's super convenient as well for clean up, because you can just toss the flower in the washer and dryer when you're finished using it, and then it's ready to go for the next bath time! Oh, and they're cute! So that's a bonus :)
4. DockAtot - This is by far one of the best products we've discovered. While they may seem a little on the pricey end, they're well worth the investment...especially if you're desperate for sleep like I was (again...where's my amen ladies?) So we've only had the DockAtot for a few weeks now, but the greatest feat of parenthood I've experienced thus far, was getting E to take his first nap alone in it (he had refused to sleep in anything but my arms for weeks and weeks) and it was the most productive 30 minutes I'd had all week. And just recently actually, he's been going down every night for about 5-6 hour stretches in it...and I'm slowly regaining my sanity (although don't ask my husband...) This is such a unique product because it seems like it's just a padded pillow, but people...I promise you it's more than that. It's magic. Pure magic that brings everyone sleep. It comes in two different sizes...the "Deluxe" is designed for babies ages 0-8 months while the "Grand" is more for 9-36 months. It makes baby feel surrounded and secure and my little Emmett is proof that these things are creators of sleep.
5. MatiMati - This company sells organic cotton fleece bandana bibs, pacifier clips and washcloths too! MatiMati is super special because every purchase of the bamboo bib sets help to fight against human trafficking. They're super absorbent and ideal for "drooly" babies...and way cuter than most other bib brands out there!!
6. Solly Baby Wrap - It's no secret that there are an innumerable amount of baby wraps and carriers out there and they're all great for different reasons. But Solly Baby has to be my favorite brand I've encountered so far. I've found that I absolutely love baby wearing and it truly helps to strengthen the bond between mama and babe because you're so closely connected with these wraps. They're easy to put on and adjust and they're made with custom fabrics and dyes, making them very high quality and super soft for your little one. They're comfortable and easy to throw in any diaper bag or purse as well for on-the-go baby wearing! Soon many cute styles and prints to choose from as well!
7. SkipHop 7 Piece Diaper Tote Set & Portable Changing Station - Guys. Who knew you had to travel with a practical suitcase every time you wanted to leave the house with babe?? Let's be honest...we have SO MUCH STUFF TO BRING ALONG. This diaper bag is my favorite one I've come across so far. It's a really chic looking and super lightweight diaper bag with so many different pockets and accessories to help you be prepared with everything you need while you're away from the house. It comes in 3 different styles - backpack, tote and satchel and 4 awesome colors. We have this bag in the steel grey for our little one and it makes life on-the-go so much easier. And if I'm making super quick trips away from home, the SkipHop changing station in the new "feather gray" print is all I toss in my purse...I can change E anytime, anywhere with this super convenient changing station that folds up and holds diapers and wipes.
8. Owlet Baby Monitor - This is probably one of the most incredible baby products out there right now. No, it's not a video monitor and you can't carry around a device that shows you what position your baby is sleeping or if they're crying...BUT, this monitor is in a class of its own. It's a small sock that your infant wears that monitors the baby's heart rate and oxygen levels. It has a convenient base that you can plug in next to you that will sound if something is not normal, as well as an app that connects to your phone for tracking your baby's vitals as well. It gives new parents such peace of mind knowing that if at any moment, baby's heart rate drops, or oxygen levels plummet, you will be immediately notified via your phone app, or the base monitor in your home. This is an absolute must-have and we love ours.
9. BabyGanics products - This is personally my favorite brand of baby products ranging from baby laundry detergent to diapers, and even household cleaning sprays/solutions that are baby safe. BabyGanics products are all made using plant based ingredients (and organic when practical) which creates a product that's not only safe for your baby, but ideal for your baby...especially when considering what products to use when washing your baby's hair, or treating their sensitive skin. There are no unnecessary chemicals or preservatives found in these products and that makes a new mama feel good when I'm lotion-ing up my chubby boy after a bath. :)
10. BinxyBaby Hammocks - Last but not definitely not least (for convenient's sake!), I LOVE Binxy Baby!! They have created these baby "hammocks" that clip on easily to nearly every shopping cart out there for quick and simple shopping trips. They can either hold baby himself, OR even the carseat. It's been tested and proven safe and also mom-tested for convenience!! And although he doesn't look like it...E loves his Binxy Baby! (And so does his shopping mama)
I hope this was helpful to some of you new (and seasoned!) mamas like me that are just trying to figure out our lives with little ones! These products have been super helpful to me in the last couple months and I couldn't afford to not share them with you. Be sure to let me know what you think of these 10 and also others that you're loving right now!
Happy Saturday shopping mamas!! :)